Today we’ve got details on how Google might use AI to transcribe podcasts for search, Google app 8.1 with ‘At a glance’ for all Android phones, Fuchsia Friday, some great deals, and more.
Ready to try the Pixelbook?
New episodes of 9to5Google Daily are recorded every weekday. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Google looking at AI, transcription to search, analyze, and instantly translate podcasts
- Google app 8.1 beta adds the Pixel Launcher’s ‘At a glance’ widget to other Android phones
- Google app 8.1 preps possible new ‘Spark’ tab, details ‘Slices,’ Android ‘9’ support, and more [APK Insight]
- Fuchsia Friday: The first 5 minutes of Fuchsia as captured by its new screenshot tool [Gallery]
- Smartphone Accessories: Google Daydream VR Headset $49, more
- Add Insignia’s Google Assistant Smart Speaker to your nightstand from $25 shipped
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones on sale for $200 (Reg. $300), today only