The latest update to Stadia for Android is rolling out with a handful of tweaks. There are no major changes in version 2.7, but game details are now easier to browse and there is a new cancellation survey for Stadia Pro.
After screenshots and a description, the Stadia Store listing notes various game “Details” like the release date, developer, and genre. In Stadia 2.7, information is no longer limited to a single line before users must expand.
Under system App info, Stadia 2.7 adds a supported link — “cloudcast” — that the application will “open by default.” Similar to seeing a tweet and having the official Twitter client launch, you might encounter a Crowd Play or State Share link on YouTube. Tapping will automatically open the Stadia app to start playing.
Version 2.7 adds a “Why are you canceling your Stadia Pro subscription?” survey. After tapping “Cancel subscription,” the questionnaire immediately opens and does not let you continue until a selection is made. The process is similar to Google Play, but the Android app store lets you decline.
- I’m having technical issues
- I’m not interested in 4K, HDR, or surround sound
- I’m not satisfied with the games that are included
- I’m not satisfied with Stadia overall
- I’m canceling temporarily
- It’s not worth the price
More about Google Stadia:
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page launching next month as year-long Stadia exclusive
- Stadia team talks joining Google, start-up culture, and the future
- [Update: 3-month Pro trial] Google Stadia will come pre-loaded on the next ASUS ROG Phone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.