Google just updated its Maps for Android app to version 6.7 by adding a number of notable new features like integration of Google offers, indoor walking directions, and new 360-degree Street View-like panoramic views for the insides of certain buildings.
As for Google Offers integration, Google will launch the feature only in the United States and provide access to the deals through a new “Offers” option within the app’s “Maps” drop-down menu. The app will also let you opt-in to receive notifications for nearby deals. The feature is limited to the Android app, but we are likely to see Offers integration across all Google Maps products in the near future.
Another new feature rolling out to both U.S. and Japanese users is the ability to get indoor walking directions, but this is in addition to the indoor floor plans launched earlier this year in version 6.0 and will only rollout to select buildings initially.
Taking advantage of its Street View technology, Google is introducing 360-degree panoramic views in version 6.7. To access the feature, Google noted to keep an eye out for the “‘See Inside’ section on the Place page of select businesses.”
Google Maps 6.7 for Android is already available to download from Google Play here.
- Google Business Photos goes to Canada, Ireland and Netherlands (9to5google.com)
- NYT: ‘Hacker’ Marius Milner identified as Google’s personal data cropping engineer (9to5google.com)
- Google’s Street View goes live in Israel, first-ever for Middle Eastern countries (9to5google.com)
- Google’s Street View and Maps face criticism throughout Asia, captures beauty of Thailand and Amazon (9to5google.com)
- Wikipedia dumps Google Maps for OpenStreetMap, marks industry trend toward alternative service (9to5google.com)
- Google Maps now offers photo tours of the world’s most popular landmarks (9to5google.com)
- Google updates Gmail, Street View, and Google Books for Android (9to5google.com)