While you might usually ignore the 99 cent Android apps being discounted on Amazon, you’ll probably want to grab today’s deal with productivity suite OfficeSuite Professional 5 discounted from $15 to $0. If you’re unfamiliar with the app, expect the ability to create, view, edit, and share Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. (as well as view PDFs) with a slick file browser, Google Docs integration, and a two-pane UI optimized for Honeycomb tablet users. The app’s page on the Market also claims it’s the only “mobile office for Android that allows opening of password protected” files. We haven’t had time to put OfficeSuite 5 to the test, but many OEMs including Sony Ericsson selected it to come preinstalled on over 20 million devices, so they must be doing something right. There’s a video of the app in action courtesy of AndroidAuthority after the break.
If you haven’t checked out the latest version, here’s what’s new in OfficeSuite 5:
OfficeSuite 5 New Features
* Completely redesigned and improved user interface and experience
* Recent Files and My documents shortcuts in the File Browser allowing more efficient access to documents
* Filters in the file browser to help you quickly access files from selected format
* Intuitive toolbars added in the File Browser, the document and spreadsheet modules
* Two pane user interface on Android 3.0 Honeycomb devices
* Support for EML and RTF file formats
* Direct Save of text documents in Google Docs
* Email reader module allowing you to work with EML Outlook files
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.