Google announced on the Google Chrome Blog today an updated version of the “Chrome for Android Beta” app that includes support for 31 additional languages and a few new features highly requested by users. The beta is now available to users in all countries with access to Google Play.
Among the new features is the ability to view the desktop version of a website, add bookmarks to your home screen as shortcuts, select default apps for opening links, and use Chrome with the system proxy for Wi-Fi.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
- Allow for download of files to the device
- Complex Text Layout (CTL) and Right to Left (RTL) text support in rendered pages
- Enable old-style YouTube embed content to be played via native YouTube app
- Support for country-specific suggested search engines.
- 115732 : External links don’t open in new tabs if multiple links are opened
- 113041 : No way to auto-hide the toolbar
- 114964 : Error pages are not optimized for mobile / Android devices
- Other notable issues listed here
- Chrome Beta update makes tabs accessible everywhere, also available on Chrome for Android Beta (9to5google.com)