Google Goggles received a decent update today
that brings more than a few new features and enhancements. Most notably, users no longer have to enable search history to use the “search from camera” function. Google also noted object tracking in continuous mode is now “faster and more robust.” Google then explained a number of ways it improved scanning QR codes with a URL encoded:
– When scanning a QR code that has a URL encoded:
– The thumbnail of a page is shown
– URL is checked against a malicious URL blacklist
– More complete barcode coverage
– Support for non-autofocus cameras
– When Goggles fails to find an exact match – search for products that look similar.
As always, the updated version of Google Goggles for Android devices running 2.2 and up is free from Google Play now.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers