Other benefits of linking your YouTube channel to Google+: YouTube will allow you to “Choose any name for your channel and page.” That also includes the opportunity to rename your channel if that’s something you might be interested in. You’ll also now have access to a few new features including “live broadcasts via Hangouts”, a YouTube tab displayed on your Google+ page, and better video sharing features.
Google warned that there might be some issues with the beta for third-party tools:
– Certain mobile apps and third party tools may require a bit more effort to work with YouTube channels linked to Google+ pages. Just make sure you’re using the most recent YouTube app on Android and iOS. And if necessary, setup login credentials for these apps.
To try out the beta, you’ll need a Google+ account on the same Google account you use for your YouTube channel. From there you can activate the feature through YouTube’s advanced account settings. Full instructions from Google below:
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
1. Your channel’s Google account must first have a Google+ profile on the account to start this process. If you don’t have a profile on your channel’s account, go toplus.google.com and create a profile with your name (not your channel’s name).
2. If you have an existing Google+ page to which you’d like to link your channel, add your channel’s Google account as a manager of the corresponding page (instructions). If you don’t have an existing page, you can create a new one in the linking process.
3. On YouTube, go to your advanced account settings, and click “Connect with a Google+ page (beta).” From there you’ll see a number of options:
– Link with a new Google+ page
– Link with an existing Google+ page that your channel’s google account owns or manages
– Link with a Google+ profile instead of a page
4. Select a linking option, follow the instructions, and you’re done!