After unveiling the first ad for its Galaxy S5 flagship last, and briefly breaking Twitter with a selfie, Samsung has just announced a suite of premium app deals for Galaxy S5 customers. The app suite will come bundled for free with Galaxy S5 purchases and includes a variety of premium services, subscriptions, and apps for free.
Evernote, Bitcasa, and LinkedIn are all offering 3 months of their premium services for free to Galaxy S5 customers. Bloomberg is offering a free yearlong subscription to Businessweek, while the Wall Street Journal is giving customers a 6 month subscription for free. Previous Galaxy devices offered free DropBox storage this time around, however, users will get 50GB of storage on Box for 6 months.
The full breakdown of offerings is below:
- Run Keeper – 1 year free premium service ($20 value)
- Lark – 1 year premium service ($36 value)
- Skimble – 6 months free premium service ($42 value)
- Map My Fitness – 6 months free premium service ($36 value)
- Wall Street Journal – Free 6 month subscription to Wall Street Journal ($160 value)
- Bloomberg Businessweek + – Free Subscription: 12 Months ($30 value)
- PayPal – Enjoy special offers (totaling $50 or more in value) from your favorite stores when you pay with PayPal
- LinkedIn – Free LinkedIn Premium account for 3 months ($75 value)
- EasilyDo Pro – Free app purchase ($5 value)
- Blurb – Free $5 Coupon ($5 value)
- Cut the Rope 2 – $10 in-game credits ($10 value)
- Flick Dat – Free download of $2 paid app ($2 value)
- Box – Free 50 GB for 6 months ($60 value)
- Bitcasa – Free Premium Service: 1TB storage for 3 months ($30 value)
- Evernote – Free Premium Service for 3 months ($15 value)
All of these deals put together total out to more than $500 in savings, which is pretty impressive and certainly makes the Galaxy S5 slightly more enticing.