Plex today has pushed an update to its Android app that bumps it to version 4.0. The update continues to improve the user interface of the application. Plex for Android gained a few Material Design inspired qualities with its last update, but with today’s 4.0 update, the design has been significantly enhanced.
Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4K Monitor
The home dashboard has been redesigned with the ability to quickly view your recently added and recently played content. The slide-out navigation menu allows you to navigate throughout the interface and between different categories of content.
In addition to the visual changes, today’s update also brings Plex for Android TV to more users. Previously, Android TV support was only available to users who were owners of a Plex Pass, which runs $4.99 a month. Now, however, Android TV access can be gained with a single in-app purchase.
The update also packs a variety of other changes. The full change log from Plex itself can be seen below:
- Redesigned home dashboard (mobile layout)
- The app now lets you select a server to view, giving both regular and shared users a first-class experience! (mobile layout)
- Plex Home support for managed users and fast user switching (mobile layout)
- Don’t require activation when playing media flung from other devices.
- [Android TV] The preview period has ended! App can now be activated with a Plex Pass enabled account -OR- an in-app purchase.
Version 4.0 of Plex for Android is available on the Play Store now for free.