If you’ve ever uploaded a file to Google Drive specifically to share it, Google is about to make the process easier: it’s adding a share button to the upload confirmation. As soon as a file is uploaded, just hit the Share Link button.
The updated version of the app will be rolling out over the next week, with a few other improvements thrown in.
- Ability to access a contact’s extended information from the sharing section of the details pane of a file in Drive
- Ability to remove a parent of a file from the details pane when a file is multi-parented
- Support for 23 new languages (Afrikaans, Amharic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Chinese (Hong Kong), Estonian, French (Canada), Galician, Georgian, Icelandic, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Sinhala, Swahili, Tamil, Telugu, Zulu)
- PDF viewer improvements (better scrolling and handling of multi-layout PDFs)
- Performance and UI improvements
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.