Pebble has announced today an update to the firmware of the company’s smartwatch, bringing several features that the community has oft-requested. Most notably, the new firmware brings settings for adjusting font size, backlight, and vibration. Pebble also released an updated version of the Pebble Time’s Android app counterpart, bumping it to version 3.2.0, which brings a new search bar, preserved notification preferences, and other minor changes…
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
While the Pebble Time has been generally received positively, many users have requested the ability to tweak more of the device’s more user-facing settings. With version 3.2 of the watch firmware, you can adjust intensity and time-out duration of the backlight, adjust system font size, and adjust vibration strength for alerts. The company has also improved notifications, and has introduced support for most music players — like Spotify, Pandora, and the like — for users who pair their watch with Android.
With the aforementioned update to the Android app, Pebble is bringing a new search bar to find saved apps and watch faces in the My Pebble menu. The new version of the app also preserves your notification settings when the app is updated to a new version. Of course, you’ll also find the general bug fixes and improvements typical with app updates. You can get version 3.2.0 of the app on the Google Play Store right now for free. To update the watch firmware, head over to the Support section of the menu in the Pebble Time app on either iOS or Android.
Here are the full release notes for both updates:
Pebble Time Firmware 3.2 Release Notes
- New Backlight settings: Adjust intensity and time-out duration.
- New Font Size settings: Adjust the displayed font size in notifications, layouts, and other areas of the system.
- New Vibration settings: Adjust the vibration strength for notifications, incoming calls, alerts, etc. Default vibration setting is less strong than the previous default.
- Music (Android): Added support for most music players (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, Songza), improved display of track metadata, play/pause detection (app now displays separate pause and play icons to match current playback status).
- Notifications: A collection of improvements and fixes to enhance the notifications experience, including a new Dismiss All action.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- To update: Select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble within the Pebble Time app for iOS or Android.
Pebble Time App for Android 3.2.0 Release Notes
- NEW: Search bar to find saved apps and watchfaces in your My Pebble menu.
- NEW: Notification preferences are now preserved after updating the Android app to a new version.
- IMPROVED: Support for setting up long canned replies to notifications.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.1.1.
- Download 3.2.0 from the Google Play Store.