I’m in agreement with most that the Huawei Watch is one of the best Android Wear smartwatches of the year (and thereby one of the best smartwatches of the year, period), and now it’s getting a little better. According to a post on the Huawei Community blog, the device is now getting a minor maintenance release with optimizations all-around a new watch face, and a new app…
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
The update apparently includes optimizations for mac gain for improved detection of the “Ok Google” hotword (which is something I’ve noticed needs improving), better step counting accuracy in the fitness tracking app, and better Bluetooth reconnection. There’s also a new app that displays the battery level when charging, a new customizable watch face, and… something else (we don’t know exactly what the last one is, but we’ve heard it has to do with how the gyroscope works).
Here’s the full change log:
Release notes for software build LCB43B:
- Optimized the mic gain for improved “Ok Google” detection
- Optimized the fitness tracking to improve step counting accuracy
- Optimized the Bluetooth reconnect mechanism
- Add a new app to display the battery level when charging
- Add a new watch face that user can self-customize
- Add fusion sensor of gravity/linear acceleration/rotation vector
I’m more than excited to get a new Huawei watch face, because I’ve found the company’s stock faces to be the best of the best. This one will probably be no different. And as Android Wear 1.4 approaches, it’s nice to see more than just those features coming to the Huatch.
Here’s a look at the new face: