In this week’s top Google stories: new Android device news surrounding the Galaxy Note 6, the death of the Nexus 9, Huawei’s upcoming P9 flagship, and more. And we went hands-on with LeEco’s new Snapdragon 820-powered Le Max2 w/ 6GB of RAM, the BlackBerry PRIV running Android Marshmallow, and the Oppo F1 Plus in this week’s top videos.
In addition, HP and Google launched the impressive new Chromebook 13, and a handful of notable Google and Android app updates arrived as well as news of a completely overhauled design for Instagram in testing.
Head below for all of the quick links to this weeks top stories, videos and more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
- Galaxy Note 6 tipped with massive 5.8″ display and monster 4000mAh battery
- RIP: Nexus 9 dies a silent death as it disappears from the Google Store
- Huawei’s P9 flagship is launching with P2i liquid repellant nanotechnology
- President Obama impressed with his virtual reality experience using a Galaxy S7
- Allwinner’s $79 11.6-inch ARM laptop has 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage, and runs Remix OS
- Samsung Gear S3 reportedly coming this fall, with luxury de Grisogono version to follow
- HP Chromebook 13, built w/Google is thinner than MacBook, with 3 USB C/A ports
- HP’s new Chromebook 13 vs. 12-inch MacBook specs compared – Which is the best value? [Poll]
- New Google Trips app is a smart assistant for your vacations, currently in beta testing
- Android apps and the Play Store show up briefly for some Chrome OS users
- Google Photos for Android drops FAB for a search bar in latest update
- Microsoft removes Google Search and Chrome as options from Cortana in Windows 10
- Google Drive will now send alert notifications on the web in Chrome
- Google app now uses Chrome Custom Tabs to open search results
- Instagram is quietly testing a major visual overhaul of its Android app
More GOOG |
- Report: Google once met w/ Telegram chief to discuss $1 billion acquisition [Update: it’s BS]
- Google’s plan to cure short-sightedness: replace your eye’s lens with a computerized one
- Google’s new six second ‘Bumper’ ads on YouTube cannot be skipped
This week’s top video |
- Hands-on with LeEco’s new Snapdragon 820-powered Le Max2 w/ 6GB of RAM [Video]
- Hands-on: Everything new with BlackBerry PRIV running Android Marshmallow [Video]
- Review: Oppo F1 Plus is familiar looking, surprisingly nice, but clearly imperfect [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.