It’s the first Monday of the month, and that means it’s time for Google’s monthly slew of security patches. This month is also the first with the Pixel smartphones included. Updates are available now for both Nexus and Pixel owners running 7.0 and 7.1.
The best gifts for Android users
As of right now, Google has yet to post full details on this update, but that information will be available here soon. For now, both Factory Images and OTA files are available for download for the Pixel, Pixel XL, Verizon Pixel, Verizon Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi only), and Nexus Player. Builds are listed below. Do note that NDE63X is built for the Verizon variants of the Pixel.
- Pixel: Android 7.1.0 – NDE63U, NDE63V, NDE63X – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Pixel XL: Android 7.1.0 – NDE63U, NDE63V, NDE63X – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Pixel C: Android 7.0.0 – NRD91N – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Nexus 6P: Android 7.0.0 – NBD91K – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Nexus 5X: Android 7.0.0 – NRD91N – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Nexus 6: Android 7.0.0 – NBD91P – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Nexus 9 (WiFi): Android 7.0.0 – NRD91N – Factory Image ─ OTA
- Nexus Player: Android 7.0.0 – NRD91N – Factory Image ─ OTA
Along with that, Verizon has also confirmed some details on this update for the Pixel. The change log mentions improved message notifications while connected to Bluetooth systems and improved Daydream View performance (ahead of its November 10th launch). The update also adds New Mexico as a state during Wi-Fi calling setup. It’s unclear if this update is just for Pixels sold through Verizon, but it should also apply to Pixels sold through Google ─ needless to say, that’s a good sign for updates on Verizon…
Update: Google has updated the manual factory image and OTA site to clear up the confusion about the three different builds for the Pixel and Pixel XL. NDE63U is for European devices, NDE63X for Verizon, and NDE63V is for all other devices.