The LG Watch Sport is one of the first smartwatches to come running Android Wear 2.0. The Sport, unlike the Watch Style, has LTE connectivity built in — meaning you can leave the house and leave your smartphone behind.
To do this, though, you will need to have an active SIM card installed to provide your watch with data…
If you purchased your Watch Sport directly from AT&T or Verizon, they should have already preinstalled the SIM card for you. You will only ever need to open up your watch if you need to swap out the SIM for a new one or if you bought the Sport from the Google Store.
How to insert a SIM card:
- Flip your watch over and locate the three holes found around the perimeter of the back cover
- Grab the triangular SIM tool that came with the Watch Sport
- Align the SIM tool with the three holes on the back of the watch
- Firmly press the tool into the back of the device and turn counter clockwise until it stops and you are able to easily lift off the cover
- Slide the SIM card into the slot labeled “nano SIM”
- Twist the cover back onto the Watch Sport using the SIM tool
If you need help, you can leave a comment below or watch AT&T’s full tutorial video. Also, make sure to check out our unboxing and hands-on with the LG Watch Sport.