The OnePlus 6 hit the market just a couple of weeks ago, but already the company has done a solid job of pushing out new updates to improve the software experience. Today, the latest OxygenOS update is adding new features and fixing some bugs.
The best gifts for Android users
OxygenOS 5.1.6 is available starting today for OnePlus 6 owners, and it brings quite a few big enhancements. The biggest new addition comes in the camera department, where OnePlus has just extended the Portrait Mode feature to the front-facing camera. This isn’t uncommon, as devices like the iPhone X and Pixel 2 have offered this for quite some time. Regardless, it’s still a welcome addition.
Along with that, OnePlus is following up on some user complaints that came up in a recent Q&A. As a result of that, this update adds Scheduled Do Not Disturb mode which users have been clamoring for. Further, it delivers the ability to see remaining battery percentage within the status bar.
The icing on the cake with this update, though, is that OnePlus is “optimizing power consumption,” which basically means even better battery life.
The full changelog for OxygenOS 5.1.6 is available below, and the update itself should be rolling out to users starting today. As usual, the OTA will only hit a few users today, rolling out to everyone within the next few days.
- Enable Idea VoLTE services in India
- Fixed stability issues for Dual Sim Cards
- Added Portrait Mode for the front camera
- Added preview for Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode of the rear camera
- Optimized call clarity
- Supported battery percentage in the status bar
- Improved ringtone volume and sound quality
- Now able to schedule Do Not Disturb(DND) mode
- Added Dual-4G network option in SIM & network settings
- Optimized power consumption and Improved system stability
- Added smart answer for Bluetooth – automatically answer incoming calls when connecting to Bluetooth devices