After some initial problems earlier this week, Razer has confirmed that it is now fully compatible with Verizon in the United States. However, the Razer Phone 2 still isn’t officially available from the carrier. Instead, if you have the phone, you’ll need to manually activate the device for use on the network.
We’re sure that this will be music to the ears of many users feeling deceived by Razer, who initially claimed full compatibility with The Big Red. Earlier this week, we were hearing reports of issues, with Reddit users posting hot-fixes to get the phone to work, but they should no longer be necessary.
Now, if you want to use the Razer Phone 2 on the Verizon network, you’ll be able to purchase the device SIM-free from stores such as Best Buy and Amazon, then add the device to your Verizon account. Slipping your activated SIM into the device should do the job.
To activate the Razer Phone 2 on your Verzion account head to Verizon Wireless, choose My Devices, select Activate or Switch, choose Switch. For new users, you can activate your line at verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device.
1. Log into https://t.co/4ty0Mqhtbf
2. Select My Devices
3. Click on Activate or Switch, then select Switch
New users may activate a line here: https://t.co/LNlm5l5M4o
— R Λ Z Ξ R (@Razer) October 25, 2018
If you were on the fence about this phone, just know the device is an entertainment beast. I mean, just look at these specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (clocked at 2.80 GHz) CPU with an Adreno 630 GPU and Vapor Chamber Cooling
- 8GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage
- Options for up to 1TB external storage via SIM + Micro SD
- A 5.72 inch 1440 x 2560 120hz LCD display
- Rear cameras include a 12-megapixel f/1.75 wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel f/2.6 telephoto zoom lens, with both capable of 4K video recording
- A front-facing 8-megapixel f/2.0 sensor
- Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos Technology
- USB-C to 3.5mm audio adapter with 24-bit DAC
- A 4,000 mAh Li-Po battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+
- Wireless charging
- Up to 1.2 Gbit/s internet speed
- IP67 water resistance
- Dimensions: 5 mm x 78.99 mm x 5.8 mm
- The device comes pre-installed with Android 8.1 Oreo but will be updated to Android 9.0 Pie in the coming months
Want the Razer Phone 2?
Read more about Razer:
- ‘Razer Phone 2’ officially confirmed to be in the works, PC software to ‘extend’ to mobile market
- Razer Phone 2 facing network compatibility issues on Verizon, fix incoming
- Razer Phone update adds Portrait Mode, May security update, multi-touch & misc bug fixes