Sony is one of the biggest names in Android TV, and now they’re making the biggest option for the platform. As part of the company’s latest collection of high-end televisions, there’s a 98-inch 8K TV running on top of Android TV, and it costs nearly $70,000.
Nomad case for Pixel 3
One of the first Android TV devices with 8K, the Sony MASTER Series Z9G 8K HDR TV comes in two forms, an 85-inch model for roughly $13,000, or the all-out 98-inch option which costs $70,000. Both of these new options run on Google’s Android TV platform, will add HomeKit and AirPlay 2 support later this year, and will make their official debut this June.
To better meet consumer demand for larger TVs, Sony is introducing extra resolution with its first consumer 8K television in the Z9G TV, exclusively powered by our acclaimed X1™ Ultimate processor. Optimized to handle the 33 million pixels of 8K, this processor plays a vital role in delivering a high-quality picture in the MASTER Series family.
Sony MASTER Series Z9G 8K HDR TVs are some of the first Android TV models w/ 8K
Further, Sony has also confirmed pricing for several other Android TV models. While these Android TVs aren’t 8K, they do include 4K HDR and even OLED on some models. Everything below is either available now or coming by June of this year, all running Android TV out of the box.
- 55″ Class (54.6″ diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 65″ Class (64.5″ diagonal): $4,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 77″ Class (76.7″ diagonal): $7,999.99 MSRP (available in June)
- 55″ Class (54.6″ diagonal): $2,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 65″ Class (64.5″ diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP (available in May)
- 85″ Class (84.6″ diagonal): $4,999.99 MSRP (available late April)
- 75″ Class (74.5″ diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP
- 65″ Class (64.5″ diagonal): $2,199.99 MSRP
- 55″ Class (54.6″ diagonal): $1,399.99 MSRP
- 85″ Class (84.6″ diagonal): $3,499.99 MSRP
- 43″ Class (42.5″ diagonal): $649.99 MSRP
- 49″ Class (48.5″ diagonal): $749.99 MSRP
- 55″ Class (54.6″ diagonal): $899.99 MSRP
- 65″ Class (64.5″ diagonal): $1,199.99 MSRP
- 75″ Class (74.5″ diagonal): $1,999.99 MSRP
More on Android TV:
- Android TV ads explained: Why Google wants to ‘sponsor’ your homescreen and who’s affected
- Amazon Prime Video is coming to Chromecast and Android TV, YouTube will head to Fire TV
- Android TV makes up 1 of every 10 Smart TVs globally, trails behind Samsung and Roku