Google is rolling out a sizable update to Fit for Android and iOS that introduces a “Browse” tab. This new view lets you “browse the health and fitness data from all your connected apps and devices in one place.”
Slotting in between “Journal” and “Profile” in the bottom bar, “Browse” lists six high-level health data categories with accompanying icons. Each feed includes graphs and cards that you can already find in the main “Home” tab. There are also “Discover” sections with tips and links to compatible apps in the Play Store.
- Activity: Daily goals, Weekly target, Calories, Heart Points, Steps, Distance, Move Minutes, Step cadence, Cycling cadence, Wheel speed, Speed, Power
- Body measurements: Weight, Body fat, Height
- Vitals: Respiratory rate, Heart rate, Resting heart rate, Blood pressure, Blood glucose, Oxygen saturation, Body temperature
- Nutrition: Calories consume, Hydration
- Sleep: Sleep duration, Bedtime schedule
- Cycle tracking: Period
Meanwhile, there’s a search bar at the top that shows inline results with a tap opening the full details page.
With the update, Google lets you enter more types of data directly into Fit. This includes the ability to manually log how much water you’ve drank (in milliliters) and track menstrual cycles.
On iOS, this new version also allows Google Fit to surface more types of data from the Apple Health backend (if connected). Speaking of data, Fit is making it easier to see your “Connected apps” by tapping the overflow menu in each section. This links directly to Google Account settings.
Similarly, from the Profile tab > Settings, “Mange your Fit data” has been renamed to “Delete your data” to make removal options much more apparent. There’s also a link to “Manage Fit data permissions” that was previously not shown here.
More about Google Fit:
- New Pixel ad curiously talks up health, wellness features with Fitbit cameos [Video]
- Google changes how distance and calories are calculated in Fit, deleting old data in 30 days
- Google Fit for Android adds guided ‘Paced Walking’ activity
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.