…and that’s the slow one.
Primate Labs, the company behind the Geekbench speed-ranking system, has compared the Galaxy S4 with all the flagship phones from various vendors including LG, HTC, Blackberry, and Apple. The Quad-core 1.9GHz Qualcomm SnapDragon 600 + 2GB of RAM seems to wipe the floor with the competition.
The scary news is that the non-LTE version of this phone uses an Octocore Samsung Exynos chip with Imagination GPU that is likely to be even faster, putting it further out in the field against the competitor’s devices.
As always, these speed tests are subjective and there are likely to be faster phones released every month or so.
- BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins says iPhone is old news (9to5mac.com)
- Samsung announces Galaxy S IV, 5″ inch display, April release (9to5google.com)
- Following Samsung Galaxy S4 launch, Apple debuts ‘Why iPhone’ webpage to tout why people love iPhone, slam Android (9to5mac.com)
- HTC turns to the press to talk smack about Samsung and the Galaxy S IV (9to5google.com)
- Samsung advertises its Work/Life balance Galaxy line to those searching for Blackberry10 info (9to5google.com)
- Samsung goes theatrical, launches Galaxy S4 with 5-inch 1080P, 441ppi display (9to5mac.com)