Along with today’s Glass API release, Google now officially announced specs for the Glass Explorer editions. Notable is the camera which will take 5 Megapixel images or 720P video. The 16GB of storage (12GB usable) is a lot for such a small object (same as a base model iPad) but not a huge feat noting that Micro-SDcards now go to 64GB and beyond.
Glass will only use slower 802.11B/G wifi likely to save energy and chip size by eliminating 802.11N (or ac). Perhaps most importantly, Google says the display will be the equivalent of a 25-inch HD screen about 8 feet away. That’s a good way to imagine the Glass experience.
All of this and a full day of battery use is suggested. We’ll see.
The rest of the tech specs follow:
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face.
- Extra nosepads in two sizes.
High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos – 5 MP
- Videos – 720p
- Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi – 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, Glass is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long and prosperous Glass use.
- Any Bluetooth-capable phone.
- The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.