A quick but notable update to Google’s Play Books app as it includes some performance enhancements and a new option to upload files. The newest update, available now via the Play Store includes the ability to “upload EPUB or PDF files to your library from your phone or tablet. From email or Downloads, touch the file to open it and choose Upload to Play Books.”
Books will now open faster, both your own uploads as well as downloaded Books. Also included are an “improved look and feel of highlights and notes.” All in all, the overall look of the app remains the same but the updates are notable and boost the already excellent Books app. The full change-log is available below:
- Books open more quickly and smoothly.
- Upload EPUB or PDF files to your library from your phone or tablet. From email or Downloads, touch the file to open it and choose Upload to Play Books.
- Improved look and feel of highlights and notes.
- Lower brightness settings, for better reading in low light.
- Read any book in landscape view.
- Dismiss recommended books in Read Now.
- Additional improvements in performance, stability and accessibility.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.