Dropbox this evening began rolling out an update to its app on Android, bumping it to version number 2.4.3. The biggest change with this update is the addition of in-app previews for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents, as well as standard PDFs. The search process has also been revamped and now tracks recent queries and offers typeahead suggestions.
Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4K Monitor
Other various changes include an option for view-only permissions for shared documents with Business users and various other bug fixes and performance enhancements. Android L users are also noting that this update fixes the crashing issues that many users experienced with the preview version of Android.
New in 2.4.3:
- In-app previews of Word, PowerPoint and PDF files
- New search experience that tracks recent queries and shows typeahead suggestions
- View-only permissions for shared folders for Dropbox for Business users
- Cache performance enhancements
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
The update is available on the Play Store now.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.