LastPass has updated its Android app and browser extensions to version 4.0 to add an emergency access feature and shared passwords, as well as a significantly revamped user-interface.
Emergency Access (shown below) is designed to ensure that you aren’t permanently locked out of your account if you ever forget your master password.
Emergency Access lets users designate trusted family, friends or colleagues to have access to their password vault in the case of an emergency. For added security, a user can require a waiting period between when an Emergency Access contact can request access to the vault and when access is granted. During the waiting period, users can decline an Emergency Access request to their vault.
The new Sharing Center is designed to provide a safe method of allowing multiple people access to the same account, such as when two or more family members want access to utility accounts …
The UI changes include the option of a grid view, and hover menus to provide faster access to launching, editing, sharing and deleting entries.
- A redesigned password vault, browser extension menus, and web vault at LastPass.com
- Large, bold visual elements with intuitive new navigation to simplify data management
- A choice between “Grid” view or “List” view to streamline workflow
- Quick “Add” menu in the vault, to instantly save a new site, Secure Note, Form Fill Profile or Folder
- Multi-select of items in the vault to easily make bulk changes
- Tools to help organize a LastPass vault and manage data, including hover menus with options to launch, edit, share or delete items
LastPass remains free to use on either mobile or desktop platforms, with a Premium membership allowing cross-platform use as well as additional features for $12/year. The latest version can be downloaded from LastPass, and should be making its way to the app stores shortly. If you’re not familiar with password managers, check out our how-to guide.
You can check out the new look and features in the short video below.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.