Case manufacturers are already making cases for the Galaxy S7 (and its design doesn’t look much different than the Galaxy S6), but that’s not stopping Curved from posting the Galaxy S7 of its dreams. Curved’s designs are always pretty, but as is the case with this one, they’re not always the most logical. As you can see, this design puts the USB Type-C port on the top of the device, a microSD slot on the bottom, and another edged screen along the bottom of its face…
On top of showing us what this mythical Galaxy S7 would look like, Curved shares what would be their ideal spec sheet:
- design language based on Galaxy S6 edge
- main camera now flush with back side
- back side has soft/rounded edges, like Apple’s iPhone 6/6s
- back side is a full metal case
- the front display has an additional curve; towards the bottom area (curved display now not just along the long edges).
- this allows for the home button to be integrated in the front glass
- USB-C included
- microSD card slot
- display 5.3″ instead of 5.1″ in a package the same overall size as the galaxy S6 edge
I have to admit that it looks pretty attractive at first glance, especially compared to some of the other concepts we see for various devices all year long. The facts, though, tell us that the next Galaxy isn’t going to be this much of a drastic departure from its predecessor. We’ve seen its dimensions purportedly leaked, we’ve seen a couple different case leaks, and we’ve even purportedly seen the Edge variant’s specs leaked via an AnTuTu benchmark.
Model number SM-G935A (whichever device that might be—most agree it’s the S7 Edge) has a 5.1-inch screen, a Snapdragon 820 processor, a quad HD resolution screen, 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The benchmark also shows a 12MP camera (which will likely use Samsung’s new BRITECELL technology to make up for the lost megapixels). The phone will also reportedly have a larger battery, water resistance, and a micro SD card slot.
Keep on scrolling for a look at the S7 concept images via Curved:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.