In this week’s top stories: The best Android phones you can buy (May 2016 edition), we go hands-on with CyanogenMod on the Honor 5X, the latest Android phone leaks, and we show you how to enable YouTube’s new Material reDesign on the web.
Head below for all of the handy links to this week’s most shared stories and videos.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
YouTube is finally getting the Material Design redesign on the web that Google has brought to the majority of its other apps and services across platforms. It’s not on by default for everyone, but we show you how to enable it.
- YouTube is testing Material Design on the web and here’s how to enable it [Gallery]
- YouTube for Android adds video Autoplay and back/forward buttons
- YouTube expands Google Preferred with new ‘Breakout Videos’ option
- Report: YouTube could launch ‘Unplugged’ TV streaming service as soon as next year
After you check out our guide to the best Android phones you can buy for May, head below to get the latest Android device news from this week including a 4th-gen Moto G leak, Galaxy Note 6 rumors, details for the upcoming 5.7-inch Huawei Honor V8, and much more.
- The best Android phones you can buy [May 2016]
- Here’s how to use the Edge screen on Galaxy S7 Edge
- HTC reportedly sold only 251 HTC 10 units in China so far, plans to spin off its VR division
- Micromax says its next ‘insanely beautiful’ phone will ‘break the flagships’
- Galaxy S7 Active breaks cover in real-life images, complete with AT&T Logo, camo-print back
- Android N quick-tip: How to activate split-screen multitasking mode
- Latest 4th-gen Moto G leak reveals two variants and an assortment of specs
- Galaxy Note 6 rumored to drop microUSB, bring USB-C to Samsung’s flagship lineup
- 5.7-inch Huawei Honor V8 could be available in 1080p regular and QHD ‘Plus’ models
- Android N introduces new security measures to prevent future Stagefright vulnerabilities
And we end things with some company news surrounding Google’s VR and self-driving car projects, as well as the latest app updates and releases and this week’s tops videos:
- Google’s VP of VR says it is embracing many aspects of Cardboard with its next VR offering
- April’s Google self-driving car report details 2 minor accidents, one test driver’s story
- Eric Schmidt attended a ‘Burning Man for the 1%’ desert party with ‘unabashed luxury’
- Bloomberg: Google’s self-driving technology will be in Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivans from next year
- Google feeds its AI machines steamy romance novels to improve natural language processing
- eBay refreshing mobile apps with updated design + speed improvements
- Google Contacts preview now supports contact import from third-party services
- Google Keyboard 5.0 rolling out w/ one-handed mode, adjustable key height, more [Gallery]
- PieMessage open-source project brings Apple’s iMessage to Android using your Mac as a server
- Amazon is giving away $5 credits when you download select free Android apps