In this week’s top stories: Google announces its new Pixel smartphones, and we go hands-on with Google Home, Daydream VR, Google WiFi and more from the company’s press event.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
Our coverage of Google’s event where the company announced its new Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones this week makes up most of our top stories.
We give you the rundown on specs, availability and pricing for the Pixel and Pixel XL phones, as well as the first sample shots from the device’s camera that Google made a point of highlighting is rated as the best ever for a mobile device.
We also go hands-on with Google Home hardware, Daydream VR, and Google WiFi, all of which the company showed off during its event this week alongside new availability details.
And we show you how to get Android apps running on (almost) any Chromebook along with our other top videos this week.
- Google announces Pixel and Pixel XL, its first solely self-branded smartphones
- Check out these sample pictures from the Google Pixel [Gallery]
- Pixel tidbits: IP53 rated, WiFi calling on T-Mobile, locked bootloader & bloatware on Verizon
- Google confirms Verizon will handle system updates for Pixel, but not security updates
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow now rolling out to the OnePlus X
- Pixel vs. Pixel XL specs compared — Which Google phone is for you? [Poll]
- White Google Pixel gets unboxed, here’s what comes with it
- Opinion: I don’t love the Pixel, but I bought it because of Google’s software package and what it means
- How the Pixel compares in size to the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X & other Android phones
- Pixel and Pixel XL vs. Galaxy S7, LG G5, Note 7, and V20 specs compared
- The camera on the Pixel phones seems to actually be mighty fine [Gallery]
- Here’s everything that’s new in Android 7.1 Nougat
- Google purges the Google Store, dropping Nexus devices, VR, NVIDIA Shield, Dell Chromebook 13
- Opinion: Google Home is extremely compelling for two big reasons, but it’s still losing a major battle
- Google Home available for $129 w/ Google Assistant and Chromecast integreation, pre-orders begin today
- Google has designed a free and open source font for all the world’s languages
- Google WiFi goes official for $129, pre-orders starting in November
- Opinion: I understand why Google is holding back Assistant, but it’s annoying to Nexus fans
- Latest WhatsApp beta finally adds support for GIFs on Android
This week’s top videos |
- How to get Android apps running on (almost) any Chromebook right now [Video]
- Hands-on with Google Wifi, the company’s first self-branded router [Video]
- First Google Pixel Phone commercial airs hours before unveiling [Video]
- Hands-on with Google’s new 4K Chromecast Ultra [Video]
- Hands-on with the light and compact Google Home [Gallery]
- Hands-on with Google’s new Daydream View VR headset [Video]