The OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8T with the aim of resolving some of the issues that many owners encountered after updating to the previous 188.8.131.52 build.
Announced in an official OnePlus Forum post, the changelog is effectively the exact same as the previous build but includes a hotfix that resolves a problem whereby the media player would pause in a strange manner. Beyond that, the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update still contains the slightly outdated November 2020 security patch, plus numerous tweaks for enhanced overall usability.
One notable is that this update might arrive as OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for those in European regions, as the previous update was already labelled 18.104.22.168. Each region should have the following firmware builds:
- IN: 22.214.171.124.KB05DA
- EU: 126.96.36.199.KB05BA
- NA: 188.8.131.52.KB05AA
If you are interested in just what exactly is new, you can check out the very minor update included (and highlighted) in the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 changelog below:
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 update for OnePlus 8T changelog
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Fixed the issue that the media player may pause abnormally
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the Wi-Fi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
- OnePlus Store (IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled.)
Just like all previous incremental updates, the rollout of the OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 OTA will be staged. Expect to see it more widely over the coming days and weeks as it expands to more regions and devices. You can also grab the OTA file directly from Oxygen Updater right now if you simply must get updated right away.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G and N100 to go on sale in US from January 15
- OxygenOS 11.0 Open Beta 1 w/ Android 11 now available for OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 9 Pro tipped to deliver even faster 45W wireless charging
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.