OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 is now rolling out for the OnePlus Nord with the update most notably bringing the March 2021 security patch and some potential battery boosts.
While we’re unconvinced by OnePlus’s update efforts in recent years, it’s still good to see the March 2021 security patch arrive with OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 before the actual month is out. The OTA update was confirmed on the Official OnePlus Forums as rolling out shortly after the OnePlus 9 debuted.
OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 for OnePlus Nord
- Improved power consumption performance of the system
- Fixed the issue of delayed display of incoming calls when charging (IN only)
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the issue with the Calculator that the UI where results are showed is displayed abnormally
- Fixed the issue with the abnormal display of Calculator button size
- Improved network connection stability (GLO only)
Some reports in the original thread suggest the OTA file has failed a few times to actually pull from OnePlus’s servers. This has led to the full 2.7GB OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 update needing to be sideloaded using Oxygen Updater. That is likely just a mini issue affecting a small subset of owners out there. You can always try your luck using the app to get your device updated to OxygenOS 18.104.22.168.
More on OnePlus:
- India gets ‘exclusive’ OnePlus 9R w/ Snapdragon 870, 120Hz display, effective $550 price
- OnePlus 9 tidbits: No Verizon or AT&T 5G, dual-SIM, and early pre-orders
- Comment: OnePlus 9 Pro’s $1,000 price demands more than sub-par software updates
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.