OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series with the December 2021 security patch and an important bug fix.
Although this update is still based upon Android 11 and not the contentious Android 12 build, we’ve seen roll out for other devices, and OnePlus 7 and 7T series owners have received a mini Christmas miracle with this OTA. For starters, it includes the most up-to-date security patch before the year’s end. That’s not all, as OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 is bringing an important fix for a WhatsApp issue that prevents selected devices from being able to send and receive media.
In two dedicated posts over on the official OnePlus Forums, the OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 rollout was confirmed in an incremental fashion. It’s also worth noting that the original post states that attempting to use a VPN to pull the global build may not work as “the rollout is not based on regions” and will be “randomly pushed” to a “limited number of devices” from today. You can check out the full OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update changelog below:
OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for OnePlus 7/7 Pro and OnePlus 7T/7T Pro changelog
- Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot send and receive media files
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.12
- Improved system stability
A few lucky commenters have shared screenshots of the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 OTA file, which appears to weigh in at around 80-90MB. However, it’s worthwhile checking the always superb Oxygen Updater from the Play Store provided you are happy to sideload the OTA .zip file on your own device.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus 10/10 Pro: Everything we know so far [Video]
- TWRP adds support for Xiaomi Mi 11 series, OnePlus 7T series, more
- OnePlus 10 Pro set to launch in January, Pete Lau teases on social media
- [U: New version rolling out] OnePlus pulls Android 12 update after ColorOS leaves it riddled w/ issues
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.