Google released an update to the “TV & Movies” app for Google TV bringing with it a few new features including enhancements to animations and scrolling, the ability to remove channels from live TV shelves, and additional Dish Network content. The update will also now hide empty shelves by default.
Google also walked through a number of new features and improvements to the updated TV & Movies app on The Official Google TV Blog. Among the improvements is expanded information below content, and a new menu for getting additional details, star ratings, and favorites. The star ratings will provide suggestions based on your feedback, and Google outlined the streamlined channel layout.
When you add them to Favorite Channels you’ll instantly see what show is currently playing on each. Add all your favorite channels and you’ll have a one-stop personalized guide of just the channels you care about. You can also add favorite TV shows and movies to your queue so you can come back later and watch them on Netflix, Amazon, HBO GO and more.
A full list of what’s new in the update is below:
What’s in this version:
- Smooth animation and scrolling with more images displayed per shelf.
- Users can now remove channels from live TV shelves (via Del/Backspace key); any edits are also applied to the channel lineup in the TV player.
- Empty shelves are now hidden.
- Additional Dish Network content appears in movies shelf for users with two-way integration.
- Google’s “big” Google TV announcement is a new YouTube app (9to5google.com)
- Live TV feature comes to the Time Warner Cable Android app (9to5google.com)
- Android Market data suggests under a million Google TV 2.0 upgrades (9to5google.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.