AT&T officially announced pricing and availability of the HTC One today following some inaccurate rumors floating around yesterday. AT&T confirmed that the 4.7-inch aluminum unibody device would arrive for customers beginning April 19 starting at $199.99 for the 32GB variant on the usual two-year contract. It also noted that it would be the only U.S. carrier at launch to offer the 64GB model, which will go for $299 on contract.
Preorders for the HTC One on AT&T will start April 4 at 1 p.m. CT, and the carrier will be throwing in a $90 HTC Media Link HD wireless HDMI adaptor for free and the AT&T DriveMode app:
Customers eager to reserve their HTC One will be able to pre-order at www.att.com/htcone on April 4 starting at 1:00 p.m. CT. Only AT&T offers a free** HTC Media Link HD wireless HDMI adaptor*** (a $90 value), which lets you wirelessly share content from your phone to your HD television. The HTC One runs on AT&T 4G LTE, the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network.**** AT&T has the nation’s largest 4G network, covering 288 million people. HTC One is available in black and silver and boasts a powerful 1.7 GHz quad-core processor, and zero-gap aluminum unibody with a 4.7-inch full HD (1080p) screen and HTC Sense® innovations, to re-shape your smartphone experience.
AT&T’s full press release is below:
HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199.99
Beginning April 19, AT&T* plans to offer the highly-anticipated HTC One® smartphone to customers for $199.99 with a two-year commitment, for the 32 GB memory variant. AT&T is the only U.S. wireless carrier at launch to also offer a version with 64 GB of memory for $299.99 with a two-year commitment.
Customers eager to reserve their HTC One will be able to pre-order at www.att.com/htcone on April 4 starting at 1:00 p.m. CT. Only AT&T offers a free** HTC Media Link HD wireless HDMI adaptor*** (a $90 value), which lets you wirelessly share content from your phone to your HD television.
The HTC One runs on AT&T 4G LTE, the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network.**** AT&T has the nation’s largest 4G network, covering 288 million people.
HTC One is available in black and silver and boasts a powerful 1.7 GHz quad-core processor, and zero-gap aluminum unibody with a 4.7-inch full HD (1080p) screen and HTC Sense® innovations, to re-shape your smartphone experience.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ provides customized content and real-time updates streamed live on your home screen. HTC BlinkFeed aggregates your content from a variety of media sources, serving up fresh content all in one place, without the need to jump between multiple applications and web sites.
- HTC Zoe™ mode on the HTC One lets you grab the entire moment and bring it to life in three-second snippets. Special moments can be captured in HTC Zoe highlights, and displayed in a living gallery that you can set to music and special effects. AT&T Locker helps you hold onto those memories no matter where you are. You can automatically store photos, videos and documents in the cloud, so you can access and share from your smartphone or computer.
- The HTC UltraPixel Camera with a breakthrough sensor gathers 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensors and delivers outstanding low-light performance.
- HTC BoomSound™ provides rich, clear sound with minimal distortion, as well as the authentic sound experience you expect from built-in Beats™ by Dr. Dre Audio. HTC One features dual front-facing speakers and a built-in amplifier to bring music, movies and games alive. Since the speakers are on the front of the device, you no longer have to worry about muffled sound when setting your phone down.
- HTC Sense TV™ lets you use your HTC One as an interactive TV guide and remote control. It can be set up in a few simple steps and gives you the ability to access electronic program guides and control a receiver and home theatre right from your phone’s screen.
The HTC One features AT&T DriveMode®, an app that helps curb texting and driving. The app can be set-up to automatically send a customizable reply to incoming messages once a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. The auto-reply message is similar to an “out-of-office alert” and can reply to texts, emails and wireless callers letting your friends know that you are driving and unable to respond.*****
Setting up your new HTC One is a snap with AT&T Ready2Go, a free service that helps you to easily set up and personalize your device in minutes from the comfort of your personal computer. With Ready2Go, it’s easy to set up your email accounts, import your contacts, connect to your social networks and more.
For more information, visit www.att.com/htcone.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**A $90 value. Offers ends April 18, 2013. 2-year wireless agreement with voice & data plans or Mobile Share plan required on each. Other charges and restrictions apply
***HTC’s wireless Media Link HD* accessory is compatible with TV’s that support HDMI input.
****Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Claim based on a comparison of U.S. national carriers’ average 4G LTE download speeds for Android™ and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. 4G speeds not available everywhere.
*****Data and text messaging charges may apply for download and app usage. Standard messaging rates apply to auto-reply messages. AT&T DriveMode is free to AT&T customers only. Compatible device required.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.