In an effort to make its office software suite more appealing to business types, Google Drive desktop users can now use Drawings to make elbow and curved connections between items. These new options are ideal for visual projects like flowcharts and instruction manuals.
To get started, open Drawings or Slides from within Drive and complete the following steps:
- Click on the shape tool or go to Insert > Shape to select an object to insert into your drawing.
- If you want to use two of the same shape, select the shape, right click + Copy, right click + Paste it into your drawing.
- Click on the line or arrow tool.
- Hover your cursor over a shape, and red connection points will appear.
- Click on the red connection point that you want your line to connect, and drag your cursor to another connection point on a second shape before releasing.
The special lines between different shapes will remain connected to each item selected, so feel free to move things around.
(via Google Drive+)