Almost every store and restaurant offers free Wi-Fi to its customers so that they can stay connected while out and about. Unfortunately, those connected to open networks are also vulnerable to attackers. Thankfully, Google not only allows users to automatically connect to open networks but also encrypts the data and transmits everything through its own VPN…
How to automatically connect to open network
- Go to your device’s Settings menu
- Locate and select Network & Internet
- Tap into Wi-Fi
- Scroll down and enter into Wi-Fi preferences
- Toggle on Connect to open networks
When this is turned on, and your device is connected to a public Wi-Fi network, a key icon will appear at the top of the display.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ANDROID OREO
- How to turn on Wi-Fi automatically in Android 8.0 Oreo
- Here’s how to kill Android Oreo’s annoying ‘running in the background’ notification
- Android 8.0 Oreo brings deeper integration with Google Assistant to third-party apps
- Some Android Oreo users reporting that mobile data is still used with Wi-Fi turned on, Google working on a fix
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.