Although most of Android 8.0 Oreo’s upgrades are behind-the-scenes, there are several new user facing tools and features. One of which is the ability to have a phone or tablet automatically turn the Wi-Fi connection back on when the device is near a high-quality saved network…
How to turn on Wi-Fi automatically
- Go to your device’s Settings menu
- Locate and select Network & Internet
- Tap into Wi-Fi
- Scroll down and enter into Wi-Fi preferences
- Toggle on Turn on Wi-Fi automatically
Unfortunately, this won’t automatically turn off your Wi-Fi when you step away from a high-quality network.
Learn more about Android Oreo
- Here’s how to kill Android Oreo’s annoying ‘running in the background’ notification
- Android 8.0 Oreo brings deeper integration with Google Assistant to third-party apps
- Some Android Oreo users reporting that mobile data is still used with Wi-Fi turned on, Google working on a fix
- Google Maps’ picture-in-picture functionality coming soon to all Android Oreo devices
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.