Both the Google Pixel 2 and 2 XL have always-on ambient displays. This means that you will be able to effortlessly see the time and new notifications at a glance. Here’s how to this new feature on and off.
How to enable/disable Pixel 2’s ambient display:
- Open the Pixel 2’s Settings menu
- Scroll down and select Display
- At the bottom of the list of options, tap on Advanced to expand the menu
- Near the bottom of the menu, select Ambient display
- Toggle on or off the Always on option
- You can also enable/disable double tap to check the phone as well as waking the display when a new notification comes in
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GOOGLE PIXEL 2 & 2 XL
- Here’s how the Google Pixel 2 fights OLED burn in on its always-on display
- Google Pixel 2 & 2 XL: How to take a screenshot
- Google Pixel 2 XL Initial Review: The best Android phone dethroned by its sequel [Video]
- Pixel Visual Core is Google’s first custom SOC, will make Pixel 2 photos even better in Android 8.1
- The Google Pixel 2 has a dark theme when you change your wallpaper
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.