With this morning’s official launch of Android Pie on Pixel devices, it was only a matter of time before AOSP followed suit. The official source code for the latest version of Android is now live for OEMs and developers to read or build themselves.
There are two versions available for perusal, namely “pie-dev” and “pie-release“, with the release variant appearing to be the newer of the two. These will serve as the base for both custom ROM developers and device OEMs bringing their devices up to Android 9. It certainly seems, though, that the upgrade process has been simplified for the latter group, evidenced by the Essential Phone also receiving the Android Pie update today.
- How to turn on gesture navigation in Android 9 Pie on Google Pixel devices
- How to sideload the Android 9 Pie OTA on Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
- How to sign up for Android 9 Pie’s Digital Wellbeing beta on Google Pixel devices
- Digital Wellbeing for Android Pie launching this fall, entering beta today for Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 3 will ship with Android 9 Pie’s gesture navigation exclusively