Quite a few Shield TV owners have noted that they’re unable to download the new Disney+ app on their device. Nvidia recently acknowledged the Disney+ problem on Shield TV, and now it’s offering a fix. This hotfix image specifically addresses the issue that some users have noticed where they cannot download Disney+ from the Play Store.
As with other hotfix releases, users will have to manually sign up to get the update.
Nvidia says this latest hotfix should also help out with some audio and various other bugs. The full changelog is available below and includes some issues such as a home button issue on the launcher, Daydream (screensaver) never kicking in during Netflix, and more.
Second Hotfix (32.7.301.43):
- Allows Disney+ to be installed from Google Play Store
- Changing language crashes TVSettings
- Google certification issue where SHIELD was not starting Google TV launcher on pressing Home button on 3rd party launcher
- Audio corruption on DACs that don’t support 16 bit PCM like Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
- SMB server transfer speed slows to 0 then drops during transfer
- Device is not entering in Daydream when Netflix playback is paused
- Changing DV resolution from Display & Sound will not reset DV Menu in Quick Setting
More on Nvidia Shield TV:
- Nvidia Shield TV (2019) Review: Smaller, cheaper, still the best streaming device
- Disney+ app for Android TV has known issues w/ Nvidia Shield TV
- Nvidia gives its Android TV-based Shield TV (2019) a ‘Color Space’ hotfix
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.