Google calls this a “minor update to Android 11 Beta 1” that addresses the following issues in two categories:
- Devices no longer crash (reboot) while using gesture navigation to switch apps in different orientations while rotating the device at the same time.
- On Pixel 3 and 3a, users setting up devices after reset can now activate a pSim service if the phone is currently using an eSIM service.
- Fixed issues that users were having when using contactless payments through Google Pay.
- The system no longer incorrectly enforces the Bluetooth privileged permission for RemoveBond. This resolves issues that could affect pairing, unpairing, and bond reset flows for Bluetooth devices, such as for Forget Watch on Wear OS device.
The most significant problem addressed is the lack of Google Pay, which is an obstacle to most people using Beta 1 as a daily driver. Meanwhile, there’s a fix for gesture navigation crashing your device and Bluetooth pairing-related issues for accessories and Wear OS.
There are still some “known issues” today focused on Android Auto. One problem involves sounds being played through the phone’s speakers instead of the vehicle’s audio system. Google has a fix rolling out with Android Auto 5.4 later this month. Meanwhile, the company is investigating Auto projection not starting on initial plug-in.
Pixel phones on the preview program will get an Android 11 Beta 1.5 OTA (RPB1.200504.020), while factory images are also available for Pixel, GSI, and Android Emulator today.
- Pixel 4 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2: Factory Image — OTA
More about Android 11:
- Here’s everything new in Android 11 Beta 1 [Gallery]
- Google surveying Android 11 Beta users about their top issue, stability
- Here’s the official Android 11 Beta wallpaper [Updated]
- Android 11 render shows AirDrop-like ‘Nearby’ integrated with share sheet
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.