This week we take a deep dive into Google’s bold plans for making Gmail the new “home for work.” In centralizing G Suite into one app, the company risks overcrowding, but it could gain a proper Slack competitor in the process. We also have a brief discussion about everything the Google Store is doing (sales) and leaking (Pixel 4a).
New episodes of Alphabet Scoop are recorded every Thursday afternoon at 4-5 PM ET and published on Friday mornings. Subscribe to our podcast in Google Play or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Big Gmail redesign with side-by-side Google Docs, Chat, and Meet calling gets early reveal
- Gmail is Google’s new ‘home for work’ following big Rooms upgrade, currently G Suite only
- Official Google Pixel 4a render appears on the Google Store ahead of launch
- Google Store kicking off month-long ‘Daily Special’ deals series tomorrow
- Today’s Google Store ‘Daily Special’ is $50 off Nest Hello/Hub bundle [U]
- Google launches 2nd-gen Pixel Buds in 9 countries, colors arriving next month
- Are you buying Google Pixel Buds now that they’re in your country? [Poll]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.