Not quite in time for the influx of visitors that surely happened earlier this summer, Disney has now released an official Disneyland app for Android. As you might expect, the app is intended to basically be your companion during your visit, allowing you to do everything from buy your tickets in advance to browse detailed maps of the park…
The app is not all too different than the My Disney Experience app, which serves as a companion to your Disney World visit. Some of the most useful features of the app include the aforementioned ticket purchasing and maps, but you can also check ride wait times, view calendars, find characters that you might want to see, as well as view vital information like park hours, attraction descriptions, and other details.
This app comes at the perfect time for me, as I’ll be traveling to Los Angeles in just a couple of weeks to do some sight-seeing and visit Disneyland. It always seemed odd to me that Disney World had an awesome companion app, but visitors were just out of luck if visiting the original park. I feel bad for anyone that visited earlier this summer and had to use one of the unofficial third party apps to view wait times.
You can grab the app for free on the Google Play Store right now.
Here’s the full list of features:
- Check Wait Times: See attraction wait times for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at a glance.
- Skip the Ticket Lines: Buy park tickets* with the app and show your barcode at the gate for admission when you first get to the park! No ticket booth lines to stand in or e-tickets to print out.
- Exploring Made Easy: Find what you’re looking for quickly with GPS-enabled maps that show your location and the attractions, restaurants, shops and more near you.
- A Must-Have for Passholders: Link your passes to view blockout calendars and expiration dates. Show your digital pass barcode at the gate for admission when you arrive!
- Locate Favorite Characters: Get those autograph books ready! You’ll magically know when and where Disney Characters are appearing in the parks.
- The Details You Need: See park hours, schedules, accessibility information and descriptions for attractions, dining, entertainment and more.