While most of us are still eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Pixel smartphones in the next week or two, customers in Austrailia already appear to be receiving devices in the mail.
Nomad case for Pixel 3
According to a user on Reddit and multiple comments on his post, Telstra seems to be shipping devices a bit earlier than expected. One user took to Reddit with this information and a handful of pictures of his new device. He posts everything from an unboxing to screenshots from the device, and even a few camera samples. I’ll let you head to the original post to read all of what the user posted, but here are a few things that immediately caught my attention:
- Ear buds are included in the box, at least on this Austrailian version.
- Google Assistant is front and center as soon as you open the box.
- The unlimited Google Photos offer is active as soon as you sign in. The app automatically recognizes images taken by a Pixel device.
- Allo and Duo are both pre-loaded out of the box.
- 29.7GB of storage is available out of the box on the 32GB model.
- The notification LED is located in the earpiece.
Hilariously, a Telstra employee commented on the post and mentioned that early shipping seems to happen on a pretty regular basis, usually a week early like in this case. He also notes that he personally purchased a Pixel through Google since the warranty is better, “not going to lie.”