OnePlus is pretty good about always working on updates for its smartphones and keeping its customers in the loop through betas. Today, the company has released yet another beta update for the OnePlus 3/3T and included in it are quite a few nice additions.
OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 3T (Open Beta 17 for the OnePlus 3) is another update users will need to manually flash in order to use, but it does bring a handful of goodies along with it.
First, OnePlus has added a new version of the ambient display function which supports “lift to wake,” something we very much appreciate on phones like the Google Pixel, and one that OnePlus owners will likely enjoy as well.
Further, the company has added a brand new font to the phone for the English, Chinese, and Japanese languages that was specifically designed for the company’s smartphones. Along with that, several apps have been updated with a refreshed UI including the Gallery, Recorder, Weather, and File Manager apps.
The phone has also been updated to May’s Android security patch and has seen some optimizations to speed up the experience as a whole.
- Ambient display 2.0
- Lift up display
- Sharing functionality for Shot on OnePlus
- All new OnePlus Font (Available in English, Chinese, and Japanese only)
- Gallery v1.7
- Recorder v1.6
- Weather v1.7
- File Manager v1.7
- Other UI refinements
- Enhanced launching speed of 3rd-party apps
- Optimized management of foreground and background processes
- Setup wizard adjusted to suit the style of Android 7.1
- Refined contact import process from SIM card, now supports dual numbers and an email address
- Automatically add corresponding country codes when making calls during roaming
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.