Disney+ debuted earlier this month and quickly garnered 10 million subscribers on launch day. The latest way to get the streaming service for free is buying a Chromebook this holiday season.
Update 6/26: Earlier this week, Google brought back the 3 months of Disney+ offer for Chromebook owners. If your device is eligible, visit this site to get a promo code that you’ll enter during sign-up in Disney+ for Android.
From June 22, 2020 until September 30, 2020, Chromebook users get 3 months of Disney+ (new subscribers only).*
Incredible stories meet the power of Chromebook. New subscribers get 3 months of Disney+ when they activate a new Chromebook between 11/25/2019 and 1/31/2020.
A Just Black Pixelbook Go with the tablet version of Disney+ for Android is used as cover art. This $20.97 offer is valid until the end of January “or while supplies last” in the United States.
A page for the free Chromebook Disney+ promo lets you “Redeem offer” with full instructions below. You will get a promo code and are advised to download the app from the Play Store where you’ll enter the code.
- Activate your new Chromebook and select the offer from the Google Chromebooks Offers Site at www.google.com/chromebook/perks to receive a promo code,
- Download the Disney+ app from the Google Play Store on your Chromebook,
- Create a Disney+ account in the app and accept the Disney+ Subscriber Agreement, and
- Select your desired payment method for the auto-renewing subscription, click “Redeem Code,” and enter your promo code. Promotional offer code is one-time use only and is non-transferable.
Compared to Apple TV+ and Amazon, Google does not have a real streaming service competitor. YouTube Originals is mostly focussed on fostering Creator content on the platform, and has not pursued the prestige television game like its fellow tech companies.
More about Disney+
- Latest Nvidia Shield TV hotfix update fixes Disney+ and other issues
- Vizio is bringing Disney+ support to its Chromecast built-in TVs in December
- PSA: Disney+ works on Google Assistant smart displays like Nest Hub
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.