With the past two Pixel Watch releases focused on bug fixes, the February 2023 update today continues on an incremental path.
The Pixel Watch is now on the February 5, 2023 security patch level. RWD9.220429.075 is the new build number with a RWD9.220429.075.J1 variant for Japan and Taiwan. Google’s changelog only makes note of the security update:
- The February 2023 software update includes the latest security patches for Pixel Watch users.
There are no obvious user-facing changes after updating and we’re still waiting for Fall Detection.
With three monthly updates in a row, it’s very likely that Google is updating the wearable like Pixel phones.
As always, you can repeatedly tap the “Your watch is up to date” screen (Settings > System > System updates) to start the download. To speed things up, open the Connectivity menu and disable Bluetooth to force Wi-Fi.
More on Pixel Watch:
- It’s not just you, Fitbit is down with sync outage and missing data
- Review: Ringke’s Leather One Band is everything I’ve needed for the Pixel Watch
- $299 Pixel 6a, Pixel Watch, and other Google Store deals return
- Fitbit was never teasing its own Wear OS smartwatch, just the Pixel Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.