Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Motorola has published the official release notes pertaining to the 7.0 Nougat update for the G4 and G4 Plus which goes into detail about the different “enhancements” coming to the handsets. These changes include:
- Quick switch between apps
- Work mode (allows you to turn on or off work notifications if you are an Android for Work user)
- Doze on the Go
- Notification direct reply
- Bundled notifications
- Custom quick settings
- New and updated emoji
- New Moto action (allows you to shrink the screen with a new swipe gesture. More information can be found in the Moto app)
- Many more Nougat related features
You can check if the update has rolled out to your G4 or G4 Plus by going to Settings > About phone > System updates. If Nougat is available, select “Yes, I’m in”, and the update will begin downloading and then installing onto your phone.
UPDATE: As pointed out by Android Police, it appears that while the official G4 and G4 Plus Android 7.0 Nougat update release notes page has gone live, Moto is in fact not yet rolling out the update just yet. When the update is available, you should receive a notification on your phone.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.