OnePlus has been working on Android 9 Pie for its current flagship, the OnePlus 6, for quite some time. Last week, the first open beta update became available to all OnePlus 6 owners and now, OnePlus has released a second update with some various improvements.
The best gifts for Android users
Announced on a recent forum post, OnePlus has started rolling out a second open beta of OxygenOS based on Android 9 Pie. This latest build packs several fixes for various parts of the software, including an optimized multi-tasking UI, better quality for the front-facing camera, and improved power consumption.
While you can download and sideload this update, users who installed the first open beta should be receiving it as an OTA update. You can head over to OnePlus to download the update.
The full changelog follows below:
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Third-Party Apps
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
More on OnePlus:
- How to install the Android 9 Pie open beta on your OnePlus 6
- Hands-on: Android 9 Pie arrives on OnePlus 6, here’s what’s new and how to install [Video]
- How to turn on Google’s gesture navigation in Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 6
- Hands-on with 6 of the best OnePlus 6 cases [Video]
- OnePlus 6 Red: Color so vibrant it’s hard to put into words [Video]