IFA 2018 surprisingly brought us a fresh redesign to Google’s Wear OS and along with that, new hardware. Today, the Skagen Falster 2 is going on sale – here’s where to buy it…
The best gifts for Android users
In case you missed it, the Skagen Falster 2 was announced at IFA as a refreshed successor to the original Falster which launched at CES earlier this year. The new Falster 2 uses the same design with the hardware, but packs a lot of changes internally. The watch now offers a swimproof casing with improved water resistance (3 ATM), built-in NFC for use with Google Pay, and a heart rate monitor.
The watch is, of course, powered by Wear OS with the new redesign and comes with some new watchfaces, Google Assistant, and more. Under the hood, though, you won’t find the new Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor, as this device still uses a Snapdragon Wear 2100. Battery life is estimated at around a day.
Pricing on the Skagen Falster 2 lands at $275 for the watch with a black silicone or leather band. Metal bands bring that price up to $295, and you can get it in black, silver, or rose gold.
Where to buy the Skagen Falster 2
- Black w/ Black Silicone Band – $275
- Silver w/ Brown Leather Band – $275
- Silver w/ Silver Mesh Metal Band – $295
- Rose Gold w/ Rose Gold Mesh Metal Band – $295
Notably, Skagen has also lowered the price of the original Falster to $199 for all variants.
More on Wear OS:
- Google redesigns Wear OS w/ one swipe access to Fit, Assistant, revamped notifications
- Best smartwatches for Android you can buy [September 2018]
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon Wear 3100 for next-gen Wear OS w/ improved battery life, performance
- Hands on: New chip & redesigned Wear OS bring together Google’s new smartwatch UX [Gallery]