The OnePlus 8 series goes on sale widely next week, but for early adopters, there’s an important update rolling out. OxygenOS 10.5.5 delivers some camera, display, and battery fixes. Here’s what you need to know.
OxygenOS 10.5.5 is the second update to arrive on the OnePlus 8 series and it makes a few notable fixes. In my first impressions of the OnePlus 8 Pro, one of my biggest complaints came from the touch rejection on the edges of the screen. Curved screens are bad. Hopefully, this update will help!
On top of that, OnePlus is also making some other tweaks to the display and video smoothness, fixes some known issues, and also tweaks how “Bedtime mode” works with the OnePlus wireless charger. The full changelog is below.
OxygenOS 10.5.5 for OnePlus 8 changelog
- Optimized touch sensitivity on the screen edges
- Optimized the display effects
- Improved video smoothness in Motion graphics smoothing
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
- Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment
- Improved the smoothness and stability
- Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
This update seems to be rolling out widely to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro as a 157mb update. If you’re planning to order a OnePlus 8 series device next week, you’ll probably find this update pre-installed or available shortly after setup.
More on OnePlus:
- OnePlus 8 Pro First Impressions: Does it check the boxes for a $900 flagship?
- OnePlus 8 Review: 5G killed the value flagship
- OnePlus 8 Pro display issues surface on some devices but a fix is inbound
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.