Like with the first release, Google this morning is rolling out Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1 to address last week’s broader WebView issue.
The practice of dropping .1 patches two weeks after the monthly tentpole continues even as Android 12 remains relatively stable and bug-free. It surprisingly already supports Google Pay NFC transactions. Last year, this was not in place until after the beta period started.
This minor update to Android 12 Developer Preview 2 updates WebView to fix an issue that caused some apps to crash.
Build SPP2.210219.008.A1 remains on the March security patch like the stable Android 11 release and DP2.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1 is already rolling out as an OTA that can be easily installed via the “Check for update” button in Settings. The patch is 68.01MB on a Pixel 4a, while the Pixel 5 update is 133MB. It’s also available via manual download and flashing today, with the public-facing Android Beta still coming later this year. If you need help, here’s our full guide on installing Android 12
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3: Factory Image — OTA
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.